Write for Discover Northeast India
PS: We don’t accept hand-written posts. Sorry!!!
Would you like to write for us? Are you a travel blogger, travel writer, or just someone who has the skill for imparting information about Northeast India? How’d you like to publish a piece on our website?
Before you read any further, please make sure to follow our contributing writer guidelines.
Writers should be experts about the destinations they pitch.
We are looking for writers to cover destinations that they know very well. We’re looking for writers who live in a place or have spent weeks or months exploring a place. We are also looking for posts written about a trip you took or a destination you’ve visited.
This opportunity is for bloggers and writers.
We are thrilled to be able to support aspiring writers, professional travel writers, travel bloggers, and food bloggers.
We may need to edit your post to best fit our readers.
Part of being a blog instead of a traditional publisher is that we need our posts to fit seamlessly in with the content that is created and written by us – the content that our readers return to us for, and upon which our reader’s trust is built.
That means that your final, published post may be altered from what you have submitted to us – even after going through two rounds of edits (though we always do our best to give you a chance to make edits before we go in and make them on our end).
We may add recommendations based on what we know is the best fit for our readers, and we may do so at any time – even after publishing your post. If that’s a deal-breaker, unfortunately, this opportunity may not be for you.
What We’re Looking For
There are a zillion travel blogs out there, and each one has its own distinct style. Ours is … well, spend a few minutes reading the other posts on our site, and we hope you get a feel for what we’re all about: insanely detailed travel information.
So when it comes to your submission, your voice and the depth of travel information you share is key!
We accept pitches for destinations within the Northeastern region of India ONLY.
Topics & Types of Posts
Here are the types of posts that we’re currently accepting:
- Guides for major cities, national parks, and tourist destinations. We’re looking for detailed round-ups for tourist destinations with specific tips based on personal experience.
- Holiday Getaways in your state. We’re looking for lists of places to visit in a specific state. Here’s an example.
- Road Trip itineraries: Create the perfect road trip through your state, with details for each day about what to see, do, eat, and where to sleep.
- Day trips & Weekend trips of popular tourist destinations: What are some of the coolest places to visit? How can our readers get off the beaten path?
- Self-guided Walking Tours: If you had to design a path for our readers that would take them through the coolest parts of your favorite place, where would you send them? What route should they take, and where should they stop? Put your tour guide skills to the test and design a self-guided walking tour for our readers!
- Local’s Guides: Tell us everything about where you live! What to do and see, where to stay, what to eat, and insider tips that only locals would know.
- Local Dish/ Cuisines: Original Content / Recipe can be local but it has to be written in your own words. Please submit appropriate food images along with your content.
We might request a few edits before we’re ready to publish your post on our site.
At least 1000 words. We don’t write short posts. We don’t think they’re sufficient to convey the depth of information that our readers come to our site looking for (our readers are a bunch of nerds, just like us). So beef your post up and get wordy!
A short bio about yourself. Our readers want to be introduced to you before they dive into your amazing post, so give them a little bio with some context about who you are and what makes you a destination expert! Feel free to plug your social media, website, or blog in here as well. You can also work this into your intro & conclusion sections.
Include relevant links to other sites. If you list a business or attraction in your post, you MUST include a link to their website (with other relevant links). You should be providing enough relevant information to need lots of relevant links!
Include photos, either sourced or your own unedited photos. Your photos should match the content of your post and be visually stunning – their job is to help tell the story of a place visually. If photos aren’t your strong suit or you don’t have photos that will work for your post, we’ll need you to source copyright-free stock photos.